29905560

I am a dps and just been suspended from work due to other

hi I am a dps and just been suspended from work due to other members of staff serving alcohol to underage people at this time I was off work on holiday but on the premises drinking alcohol due to meeting up with people for a night out where do I stand on this
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there for ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have worked there for around 6 months but have been there dps for about a year
Apologies for not getting back to you sooner, I experienced some temporary connection issues and could not get back on the site until now. All appears to be resolved now so I can continue dealing with your query.
Being placed on suspension is not an automatic assumption of guilt and does not amount to disciplinary action. It is there to be used as a precautionary measure whilst an employer investigates any allegations against the employee. Reasons for suspending could be in the case of gross misconduct, breakdown of relationship, risk to an employer's property, their clients or other employees, to preserve evidence or ensure it is not tampered with, avoid potential witnesses being pressured or intimidated, etc.
During the period of suspension the employer should conduct a reasonable investigation into the allegations against the employee. If the investigation gathers enough evidence to justify the taking disciplinary action that could be the next step. In that case the employee has the right to be informed in advance of the allegations against them and be given the opportunity to prepare for the hearing.
On the other hand, if the investigation does not find enough evidence to justify a disciplinary, the employer should terminate the suspension immediately and allow the employee to return to work as normal.
So the employer may think you have done something wrong even if you have not and they would have suspended you whilst they investigate the allegations. It could end up in a disciplinary, it could just be dropped without any further action. At this time all you can do is see where the employer takes this and cooperate with the investigation.
I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you