12826847

My neighbours has a few conifer trees with branches extending over my garden by 6 - 8 ft a

Customer Question

My neighbours has a few conifer trees with branches extending over my garden by 6 - 8 ft and about 50 ft high. I cannot trim branches of these . They are growing towards my garden as they cannot grow upwards through their large horse chestnut tree. How can I solve this ad I am unable to access my fence and bottom of the garden as some branches are only 4 ft off the ground . My neighbour is actually our local catholic church. Thank you
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
1. The law gives you the right to cut back the branches overhanging your garden from the Catholic Church to the midpoint of the boundary line between your garden and the church property. This is a self help remedy and you do not need the permission of anyone to do as as you are acting within the boundaries of your own property.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
2. In your query, you say you cannot reach some of the branches. However, if you employ the services of a tree surgeon or professional branch cutter with a cherry picker, these branches can be reached and cut. I would recommend this option. However, the only other alternative is to request the Catholic Church to do the cutting as they have a liability for all trees growing on their property. However, you might have to wait if you choose this option.