How can you find out if you have been summoned?

Customer Question

Hello -
How can you find out if you have been summoned? I think I may have been but it would have gone to my old address. At the same time I don't want to wake sleeping dogs if I've not been summoned if you see what I mean.
Also typically how long away would a court aperance be after the summons was sent.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Usually the summons is for an event two or so weeks after it was sent but not always.
The only way to find out without any information is to ask the new occupants if they have received anything.
If you do have some idea which court it may have involved then you can also call them although they may not answer at all and if they do then they may insist that you attend and prove you are the relevant person before disclosing any information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If I was to miss a court date due to having not received the summons - would a warrant be issues for my arrest? Obviously I want to avoid that!

Also, the police officer who had been dealing with this has my phone number and email address and had used these a fair bit to contact me previously - would he call or email to advise he had issued a summons do you think or not?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Not for a summons as you are not in breach of the bail act.
What may have happened though is that you could have been convicted in absence which would rack up costs.
The police would not call to advise about a summons unless, of course, you are a complaint in a case involving domestic twaddle that should be in the family court and then you would be stalked on a daily basis.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you very much for info

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.