12826847

I have a son with Autism, and i struggle to find childcare

Customer Question

I have a son with Autism, and i struggle to find childcare during the holidays. My employer is putting alot of pressure on me to find childcare when i am really struggling to find childcare, is this within her rights to put on unnecessary pressure
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
By way of background how long have you worked for the employer for and does the lack of childcare result in you having to take time off work to care for your so in the school holidays?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have worked for my employer for 10 years now. I am using up all my holidays and also taking unpaid time off to loook after my son, which is causing inconvenience and frustration on my employers side, it is also causing alot of stress and upset on my behalf

Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Have you raised a grievance about this and/or put in a request for flexible working?