12826847

ThereI am currently in the UK on a Tier 2 (General)

Customer Question

Hi there I am currently in the UK on a Tier 2 (General) sponsored work visa. My partner is currently on a Tier 1 (General) Highly Skilled Migrant visa, and is eligible for Indefinite Leave to Remain in November. We are getting married in October, and I would like to switch to a Spousal visa after he receives his ILR. I am confused by the section on the UK Visas website which states that if my partner was "in the UK on a temporary visa before settling" that I will have to apply as a dependant in his original visa category. His original category of Highly Skilled Migrant doesn't exist anymore. Can I apply for a spousal visa or do I need to apply as a dependant in another category?

Can you help?

Thanks Emily

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Nicola, yes that's fine I'm happy to wait a bit longer!
Emily
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please close the question.
Can you confirm that I won't be charged for this?
Emily