I sold an item on Ebay 9months ago. The buyer used a courier

I sold an item on Ebay 9months ago. The buyer used a courier to collect it and now claims there are major parts missing from it. He wants a refund - do I have to take the item back after so long ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Are you a private or business seller please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I operate on Ebay as a business seller. The invoice I sent says

Hi Henry

Thanks for you order, please take this as the Invoice: -

To supply one number Velux P19 Cabrio ( two boxes ) plus associated EDZ flashing kit for collection by others at

Tameside Self Storage,***** denton, M34 3GG

Total cost £1,000.00

There is no dispute that the P19 consists of two boxes but first he said that the second box had not been delivered, then after I sent him a copy of the invoice he changed his story to

there was a second box but it did not contain all the parts "

He is also hinting that because this window could not be fitted, he has incurred other costs with his builder and a crane - something he wants compensation for

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
The buyer has a reasonable time to reject it, this is accepted as being 14 days. In any event under the Consumer Regulations the buyer has 6 months to make any complaint.
He did not and therefore you can refuse to replace or refund anything. You do NOT have to pay anything, he should have acted quicker.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That's fine - thanks for your help and a weight of my mind I will rate you as excellent

best regards

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.