12826847

The terrace building sharing a party wall with our 4 story

Customer Question

The terrace building sharing a party wall with our 4 story terrace has been demolished to build flats. The developers have now decided to sell the land rather than go ahead with the build. We have internal/ external cracks and sticking doors, the developers are planing to make good,as advised by the party wall surveyor. However, my home has clearly shifted and I'm left with a very unsightly exposed terrace for the first time since the house was built in1885, plastic sheeting batoned to the side of my property ( they have dug out the cellars to foundation level ) we had planned to sell our house early next year and have been informed by local estate agents this has effected the value and saleability of our property. Where do we stand legally? It appears our house is worth at least £35k less that what we paid for it 18mths ago. Factoring in the rise in the local market we estimate our potential loss to be in the region of 50-75k .
Thank you .
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,