75100385

Scenario:In the aquarium hobby a common task performed by

Scenario: In the aquarium hobby a common task performed by hobbyist regularly is measuring water parameters using chemical test kits provided specifically for the hobby.

These kits often come with complex instructions with multiple steps and require timing some of those steps. The kits are manufactured by various companies.

Would a mobile / web application that would provide hobbyists with access to a simplified and more interactive version of the kit instructions for multiple different brands require the company's permission to:

1) show a modified version of the kit use instructions

2) use the brand/product name so that the user can identify the correct kit

3) use the brand/product logo so that the user can identify the correct kit

Thanks, Gorazd

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Are you using any images provided by the manufacturer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Preferably yes. Image of the "test kit product packaging" would be associated with each instruction.

A less desired approach would be using just brand and product name to identify the instruction.

Thanks. You can't use their images (ie photos they have taken) or their logo. You can mention the name and take your own photo of the kit.
But you can't use their images or artwork.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So to clarify, a photo of the product packaging - the box, taken by myself is OK in this case?

Yes.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.