12826847

Under UK law, if an item is seized, should i get a receipt

Hi under UK law, if an item is seized, should i get a receipt for it?
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

well i spoke to you last night about my SOPO, and the public protection officers that attended my house, took a tablet i use for work any a number of my camera cards with them, but i have no paperwork to show they have been taken, i am an artist and many of my pieces of work on the items seized, as well as hindering clients to get in touch with my via my tablet as i use it for a work phone.

If they have seized an item in the course of a search under PACE then you should get a copy of the seizure documents.
If you did not then that doesn't render the search unlawful per se but it is something that your solicitors could ask for if seizure is an issue.