75100385

I need a tax credits expert please? Basically tax credits

Customer Question

Hi I need a tax credits expert please? Basically tax credits opened an enquiry about an undisclosed partner. I rang them back in May explained my situation I live with my ex but live different lives. I sleep in a room with my daughter. Agreed to pay back last years claim of 6000 which have only 2000 outstanding so nearly paid off. I have not heard anymore from them regarding a penalty or an investigation. I explained in the original phone call we have no financial links so could not prove either way that's why I agreed to pay back, also told them I don't want me to make a joint claim as we are not together so that would be false. Not sure what they are planning on doing next, and why it's taking so long to issue a penalty or to ask me to an interview? Worried to say the least. Also they closed the enquiry at the end of May but they said they may issue me a penalty.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
They closed it in May but you have heard nothing since?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I please accept your offer it does not make clear when I click on
The link how do it this?
Thats ok - you just need to clarify that you have not heard anything since May?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Only in May I have had that my Claim has come to an end and there enquiry was closed and they would now consider if I was to receive a penalty or not?Thanks
I would not worry about that. Technically they could issue a penalty but if you only owe £2000 just pay it back and then it can be done. I would not rock the boat and remind them. I imagine HMRC just want the overpayment back and you have paid 2/3rd of it.
So just complete the payment and say nothing more - that should be the end of it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I won't be calling them to remind them. I will just pay the rest off next
Week.
Thats right. Indeed if they have closed the enquiry this would suggest that the matter is final and put to bed, so you shouldnt hear anything.
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.