75100385

I am a housing association tenant and I moved to a 2

I am a housing association tenant and I moved to a 2 bed room property gained relevant planning permission to extend to a 5 bedroom.
Before extending I contacted my housing association I knew I didn't meet the criteria at the time for the right to acquire because I hadn't been a tenant for 5 years but I wanted to confirm that the property was eligible to purchase under the right to acquire to which I have a letter dated back in 2011 that they had checked with their finance department and the property is eligible. Long story short I have made the application to acquire the property and I have now been told I can not acquire it because it is in a rural legislation area which was brought in in 2008/2009 so they gave me wrong information in 2011 I have since extended the property spent £100,000 and they won't let me buy it and won't reimburse any monies spent on it! They have also broke data protection with sending me all info on all tenants in this property previous to me and also I have emails that were sent in house about me so they all knew what I was planning on doing please can you help!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What is it you want to achieve as a result of this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I want full reimbursement of monies and would like to know on legal side of things how I would stand ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would ideally like to buy the house but I'm guessing that is out the question
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You need to write to the Chief Executive of the Housing Association and set out your position. They will investigate the complaint and report back to you.
If they do not uphold it then you can complain to the Ombudsman. They are independent and offer a free, independent service. Their website is: http://www.housing-ombudsman.org.uk/
If that does not work you can consider a Judicial Review of the decision. This is where a High Court Judge considers what you have to say and see whether the Association has acted within the law or reasonably. A Judge can agree with their decision or send it back for further consideration.
If that does not work then you can sue for the £100,00 back. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have since found out that a neighbouring property has sold half of its garden, same housing association and still in rural legislation area.. Can you advise if this is above board