75100385

I was wondering, if I receive a Parking Charge Notice from a private parking compan

I was wondering, if I receive a Parking Charge Notice from a private parking company in relation to a car I now own/are the registered keeper off but wasn't at the time of the parking charge can I be held liable for the charge?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
If you were not the owner at the time of the contravention then you are not liable. You can't be as you are not responsible for the charge.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was sold the car in question on the date the contravention happened but it happened before I bought it. the time of the charge/contravention was 6:00am on that day and I have a receipt showing that I bought the car at 6:00pm that same day.

Since at the time of the contravention I wasn't the registered keeper, owner or driver am I liable for the charge?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No.
You were not the owner/keeper.
Does that clarify?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.