75100385

My tenant is due to leave today after a 2 month notice period

Customer Question

my tenant is due to leave today after a 2 month notice period and a section21 notice. She now can't move from 4 additional days. She has been a problem tenant since day one and I'm not confident that she will actually move. I know I now need to start court proceedings, but my question is what can I charge her per day for the extra time she is in the house and can I charge her for costs I incur if any, if I loose the new tenants who would like to move in.
thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Yes you can charge her occupation rent (but in accordance with the tenancy agreement, so usually 1/30th of the usual monthly rent) for each day she is there.
You can charge her additional costs UNLESS the tenancy agreement allows you do.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do you mean I can charge her additional costs or I can't... your reply isn't clear. I was due to have family members stay at the house this weekend but they now need to stay in a hotel, can I charge this cost to my tenant?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes but ONLY if the agreement allows you to.
Does that help?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.