75100385

A recent guest at our & has left the following review

a recent guest at our b&b has left the following review "We cannot recommend this property for any more than one night's stay. We won't be returning." 27 July 2015 • Leisure trip • Couple • Deluxe Double Room with Shower • Stayed 5 nights Not as expected - room smaller and less luxurious than described. Gluten free breakfast meant reduced items and those offered not good. We did not feel welcomed but rather an inconvenience; the customers' requirements did not seem to be paramount. The bed was comfortable and clean. Some aspects of the breakfasts were nice. There are aspects of this that are untrue such as the size of the room and the fact that the pictures on the booking site are exactly as the room is presented with all the facilities and extras you could want. Additionally there were always two gluten free options of food of the very highest quality. Also going by 99.9% of our other guests, any reasonable person will know and has stated how well they are looked after. Any reasonable person would also want to stay for longer than the one night they have so derogatorily suggested. Our other reviews average 9.2; they gave us 4.6. These people were unhappy before they arrived and are doing our business harm. What can we do?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Is that they are saying true? Have you complained to the review site?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There are aspects of this that are untrue such as the size of the room and the fact that the pictures on the booking site are exactly as the room is presented with all the facilities and extras you could want. Additionally there were always two gluten free options of food of the very highest quality. Also going by 99.9% of our other guests, any reasonable person will know and has stated how well they are looked after. Any reasonable person would also want to stay for longer than the one night they have so derogatorily suggested. Our other reviews average 9.2; they gave us 4.6. These people were unhappy before they arrived and are doing our business harm. The review sites will never do anything!

Do you know who this person is?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes we do; we have their address and telephone number

What you can do is write and ask them to remove it or say you will go to Court. If that does not work then you can get a Solicitor to write and ask them to remove it.
If they do not then you can issue proceedings. You would need to complete form N1:
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf
The court will list the matter for a hearing and decide whether it should be removed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I had already worked out that was what to do. The issue I need to know whether I have grounds to proceed this way or not?

Yes you do. You have grounds.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Alex. That'll do me for now.

good luck - its untrue so its actionable.
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.