12826847

Sir/ Madam I have issue which I need help in I was

Customer Question

Hello Sir/ Madam
I have issue which I need help in
I was a victim of identity theft in 2013 where total of 6 credit cards were taken in my name
at that time I was aboard and when I came back I discovered Credit card statements come through the post which were nothing to do with me
So I contact the fraud action who then informed all the credit card companies and I was assured that all these debts will be erased from my name.
Last week I put down a depoisit for a new Car and balance was to be financed through credit.
To my suparise I was refused the loan, I checked my credit report and found that all the credit card which were taken in my name had been settled except 1 from barclays bank who sold this debt to an other Company and that Company had put a default against my name.
I have been in touch with the Company and sent them all documents but they said it will taken up to 14 days for them reply, Inthe mean time I am in danger of losing my depoisit and the Car that I wanted to purchase
Can you please help
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
To be clear were any of the credit cards yours, or you had cards, they had been mis-used?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Also, in addition to the above information please note that when this credit card was taken out I was aboard and when I arrived I saw statements in the post and a Credit card from Barclays bank
The letter and the card is still with me, The debt which is showing in my name is ***** ***** different address in scotland and I live in uxbridge

Please help, I have letters from other credit card companies sating that they are satisfied that i am victim of identity theft

Optional Information:
System of Law: England-and-Wales