12826847

My ex partner purchased a car no official agreement

Customer Question

My ex partner purchased a car for me no official agreement was signed for the repayment.
I made several payments to him over a period of time we then split up. as no official agreement was signed in law i am still responsible to pay him back.
I have received a solicitors letter asking for payment of an amount that is wrong or it will go to court
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
When it was purchased was it a gift or was it on verbal agreement that you would repay?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the car was purchased April 2014. It was a verbal agreement that i would pay what i could afford on several occasion my Ex partner

told me I didnt have to pay anymore it was decided that whatever i paid he would save for me against a different car. The payments stopped in March this year.

In view of this I have not pursued an amount of £1000 which he owes me against a ring that was purchased

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Rate Taratill as helpfull