12826847

I had an accident in March last year. My insurance sent me

Customer Question

I had an accident in March last year. My insurance sent me an email in April last year 'Please be advised that it is our intention to accept liability on a without Prejudice basis to the third party Insurers.' Last week I received a County Court Claim from issued to me as a defendant. I do not understand why I have received this as I assumed the Insurance would be dealing with this claim. The claimant has suddenly requested legal advice in May this year. Please let me know how I can receive further advice on what the best way forward is. Thank you. Jozef Woznica
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What would you like to know ?
What type of advice?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If the insurance company is dealing with this claim I would like to know why I have received a county court claim form and how I can defend myself (as the claimant has only suddenly after over a year taken the matter to court - her solicitor's letter is dated 21 May 2015).

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Well, they could be lots of reasons.
It could be that the insurance company haven't dealt with it and you need to take the matter up with them.
It could be that I have dealt with it and he is alleging that the amount he received is inadequate so trying to recover the difference from year you which is free to do.
It might be just that correspondence has been sent to you rather than the insurance company.
Obviously I am not in a position to say which applies in your specific case but if you were properly insured then it should be a matter of reporting this to your insurance company and letting them deal with it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Could you please just clarify 2nd paragraph -- who is 'I' - the insurance company?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
That is a dictation error.
It should have read that it could be that they have dealt with it. Sometimes insurance companies agree unless some than the drivers think is adequate and there are some drivers who insist upon suing privately although they don't often get anywhere
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sometimes insurance companies agree unless some than the drivers think is adequate - sorry another dictation error, could you please clarify so that I know exactly because the whole situation is very complicated for me - thank you kindly..

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
That isn't a dictation error?
Sometimes insurance companies agree deals. Drivers don't accept them. Insurance companies won't withdraw.