12826847

Last year my son stood out side my house in the rain with an

Customer Question

Last year my son stood out side my house in the rain with an umbrella waiting for a friend, next day he was taken form my home to get his friend and taken to a field where they were both made to beat each other up accused of robbing some house across the road from me. my son was turned on and had to have surgery to plate his face together because the 2 ambrose brothers smashed his face in. both have delt with police but we were to scared to press charges. My son has been told if they see him on this estate again they will kill him. because we were to scared to press charges my son is now being charged by the cps fr assault on his friend, i dont know what to do
What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the cps are charging my son for assault because he wont testify against the men who forced him and his friend to beat each other up, what can we do law wise to stop my son going to court

Well, there isn't a way of doing that. Cps have charged him. There are no main wands that will make this go away.
What he can do is defend the charge in court.
He can always write to CPs asking them to review the evidence and public interest of this case but in truth I wouldn't waste your energy.
I'm not sure what his defence is? He seems to accept violence. It might be worth contesting it to see if they can get their witnesses to court or if they come up to proof.