31090051

Kilmarnock court have written out to me to confirm that , they

Kilmarnock court have written out to me to confirm that , they have no records on their systems dealing with his deceased accounts at that address. And they have said that I'll maybe need to get an independent solicitor involved ! Let me know where I stand concerning my poor deceased fathers estate if I have proof of birth certificates etc , I.e bank balance mortgage?
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
If there is no will the procedure is that you lodge a Petition with the court to be appointed executor dative. You can then write to banks and insurance companies to find out what your father had. You can then apply for Confirmation and I gather the estate and distribute it in accordance with the law.
You will need a solicitor and, whilst experts on JustAnswer aren't allowed to make recommendations, you can go to www.lawscot.org.uk for a recommendation.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.