12826847

The police came round my house after an incident, I was very

Customer Question

The police came round my house after an incident, I was very drunk, indecently dressed (had no top on) and completely unaware they were filming me on a body cam, I do not want this shown in court or to anyone so wrote a letter and sent it to all concerned, they ignored me so I sent another and they are still ignoring me, Ive called them and even been to the police station but Im just getting fobbed off, surly this is against my human rights? The court case is on monday and I dont know what to do
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can they use the body cam even though I have asked that they don't ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes.
Nobody needs consent in the Uk to film any other person. If they did then the activities of the press would be unlawful all the time. Also CCTV footage would be struck down.
In any event, they are the police and therefore investigating crime so exempt from any restrictions.
The HRA does not contain a free standing right of privacy. There were attempts to extend it in that direction which failed spectacularly I'm afraid.
Sorry if that is bad news