12826847

My daughters ex husband has taken out a Child Arrangement order

My daughters ex husband has taken out a Child Arrangement order and sees our Grandson every other weekend and every other Tuesday evening...On speaking to the police today about a recent incident, my daughter mentioned that her ex husband doesn't always bring her son home at the agreed time, and furthermore doesn't keep her informed of this. The police officer has said that because it was her ex husband who took her to court over access he can do this anytime he wants. We believe however that if a Child Arrangement order is in place then they should both abide by the the agreed times within that order unless otherwise agreed between themselves. Are we correct or are the police correct. Thank you for your advise
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
The police are not a good source of family advice.
From the family court point of view, both sides should keep the order.
The point the officer was making is that they would not be interested in reports that he is delayed because he does have an order.
The entire issue is best dealt with by the family courts really rather than the police.