How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 70188
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My daughters ex husband has taken out a Child Arrangement order

Resolved Question:

My daughters ex husband has taken out a Child Arrangement order and sees our Grandson every other weekend and every other Tuesday evening...On speaking to the police today about a recent incident, my daughter mentioned that her ex husband doesn't always bring her son home at the agreed time, and furthermore doesn't keep her informed of this. The police officer has said that because it was her ex husband who took her to court over access he can do this anytime he wants. We believe however that if a Child Arrangement order is in place then they should both abide by the the agreed times within that order unless otherwise agreed between themselves. Are we correct or are the police correct. Thank you for your advise
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
The police are not a good source of family advice.
From the family court point of view, both sides should keep the order.
The point the officer was making is that they would not be interested in reports that he is delayed because he does have an order.
The entire issue is best dealt with by the family courts really rather than the police.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Law Questions