13262538

There, I have been seperated from my husband

Hello there, I have been seperated from my husband for some years whilst waiting for my twin daughters to finish A levels and settle at Uni. Things have changed as he has met a woman and in a very short space of time is planning to live in Slovakia for good in the spring He has a serious drink problem and has been very aggressive in the past. I was going to proceed with divorce and mediation but sadly my 88 year old mother to whom I took care of her in her own home passed away 2 months ago, as trying to come to terms with the loss and now emptying and getting the house ready for sale, he wants me to also put our house on the market at the same time, which I feel would be too much for me at the moment and so want to delay for a while. He has turned nasty and wants half of my inheritance if I wont sell when he wants. Is he entitled to this?
How long were you married?
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets are there and what income do you each have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare, we have been married for 35 years, so 30 years before we split. The house was valued at 650.000 a couple of months ago, mortgage was paid off some years ago
He has private pensions worth about £200.000 I think. He is 'retired,' at 56 I have had a very small cash in hand childcare job, looked after my granddaughter and of course was mlums main carer. So very little income, mainly relyed on child tax credits for twins. He paid the bills for us as he lives with his mother. I don't think there are any other assets. Thank you
How much will you inherit?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Half the house, around £190.000 I think
Do you have any private pensions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't have any in my name but he does
Since your mother dies well after the separation and there are ample other assets to share between you there is no question of your ex receiving a share of your inheritance - a 50/50 division of the house and pension is the most likely outcome
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details