UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

UK BOARDER CONTROL

Customer Question

Traveling via sea between France and UK I have noticed UK boarder control officials offten question the purpose of the trip, where have you been, why you are travelling etc. Even in the case of British Citizens. I am a passionate liberterian and am incensed by this. As a UK citizen I feel no need to have to account for myself at the UK boarder. Ultimately, can I simply point blank refuse to answer thier questions?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm happy to wait .. thank you for your help with this.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
As a UK citizen, you are not subject to UK immigration control and as such, you may refuse to answer the questions if you do not wish to answer them. You cannot be stopped from entering into the UK if you refuse to answer the immigration officials.
Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much

Cheers