75100385

My Business Contract a 480sqm Uniit expired on

My Business Contract for leasing a 480sqm Uniit expired on June 8th 2015. Although i have been paying the same rate per month since expiration,the Landlord via the Managing Agent have informed me that my Business Rate will be extended for a further 2 years but at a further cost of £140 extra per month which i find extortionate!
They say that is due to 'supply and demand' ,fair enough,however such a rise? Furthermore i have found out that the Unit next door,albeit smaller have not had their rate raised,is this fair? What grounds to i have to either refuse to pay more,or negotiate a less excessive rate rise?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Does the agreement allow for a rent rise please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have read the previous Agreement and can not see a provision stipulating a possible rent review once this agreement (2013 - 2015) became due for review.

Does the agreement say you have a right to renew?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The agreement is slightly ambiguous to be honest ! There again it does not strictly state this. I have attached the agreement for your perusal.

Attachment: 2015-08-03_110644_bramley_2015_lease.pdf

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Attachment: 2015-08-03_111114_bramley_2015_lease.pdf

It's a license to occupy. This means you have no right to renew and because it's a licence they can end it and ask you to leave. They can also increase the rent.
If you wanted security you could have asked for a lease which gives you protection under the landlord and tenant act. But by agreeing to a license you only have rights until the agreement ends. After this they can ask you to leave or increase rent, sadly you can't do anything about that.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.