12826847

Can I write to my neighbours solicitor asking them to request

Can I write to my neighbours solicitor asking them to request my neighbour moves his cctv camera?
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We have written three letters and asked twice for our neighbour to move his CCTV camera over a period of three months, but he has refused to do so. Since we moved to our home in 2009 our neighbour has constantly accused us of blocking his access. He eventually took us to court and did not win, he had to pay the costs. His constant photograph taking of our property and land has not stopped, he has put up a cctv camera which is angled onto our land which makes us very uncomfortable when using the area that the camera is aimed at as we feel very exposed and do not see why he is allowed to watch what we are doing. He is unfortunately an extremely blinkered individual who will not accept the situation. We do not want the expense of using a solicitor and want to know if we can contact his solicitor privately on our own behalf to ask him to request that his client reposition his camera.

Are all the cameras pointed at your property solely?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

there is one camera situated above his kitchen window and it is angled toward our property. All I really want to know is can I write to his solicitor to ask him to write to his client with our request to move his camera instead of going through our solicitor? I would prefer to deal with it myself. Thank you.

Well, you can ask him. Anybody can ask anything of anybody. He will refuse though essentially because there is no interest in it for him.
The question is whether you can force him if he does and the answer is probably that you cannot at least on these facts.
Private CCTV is exempt from the DPA so breaches matter not.
It is possible to harass a person by having CCTV pointed directly at their property as opposed to their property just being within the vision of the camera in a swoop of the whole street. You are not really describing that here though at least upon the information you have provided.
If it just that there is one camera angled towards your property generally then a court is not going to force him to remove that I'm afraid.
Sorry if that is bad news.