75100385

I am writing a memoir about some journeys I took from London,

I am writing a memoir about some journeys I took from London, through North Africa and the Balkans. I took a young stripper from Las Vegas with me on my journey, paying for her entire trip. I booked and organized the entire thing down to the very last detail. All she did was show up. I'm gay and the young lady involved was someone I was trying to help get back on her feet by doing some art projects (exhibiting my art) along the way. There was never a physical relationship. I had know her for several years. Roll on three years and she now owes me tens of thousands of dollars and has effectively swindled me after a year of paying her rent, bills and sending her lump sums. I am writing the story of our journeys, but changing her name, my name, her age, ethnicity and the background of her parents in order to muddy the waters and avoid being sued by her. Some of her background is essential to the book and explains why I helped her, or how she was able to manipulate me. I am open to calling the book "fiction inspired by true life events" but would much prefer to call is "creative non-fiction". Any tips on minimising libel risk would be appreciated as I don't want her to get anymore money out of me. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I already have a 450 page draft completed. I am pretty sure everything I have written can be proven to be true, either with direct evidence or precedent/circumstantial.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Where is the girl from please? uk?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She is an american citizen. From Las Vegas.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi. I tried to call and it said not possible to connect call.
In short you dont need to worry. She is a citizen from the USA and therefore would need to sue in the UK. These types of proceedings would be expensive and looking at circa £15,000 to bring a claim in the High Court. That is unlikely to happen.
So I really would not worry.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. Are there not UK libel lawyers who often take such cases on a no win no fee basis for libel tourists based overseas?
No not at all.
You wont get a no win no fee for libel and certainly not legal aid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks very much. Very helpful.