75100385

Can a nieghbour set up a CCTV camera to monitor a parking Space

Customer Question

Can a nieghbour set up a CCTV camera to monitor a parking Space in the street? I've a neighbour who is becoming increasingly and worryingly obsessive about saving a parking space at night for his partner, even going out within seconds after I leave for work at night to move his car into a longer space or one closer to his gate. When she arrives he moves his car to his garage. Parking would be 10 - 15 ft from the perimeter of his property and could well capture the house of the elderly lady next door to us.. I'm also unhappy that I could be filmed everytime I go out to my car if my car is parked within his view finder, there appears to be no signs about the camera
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
No. The person can only film within their property. If they just get the edges outside the property then that is ok, but they can't have it pointing at the space, or at an Elderly persons house.