Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

My Freeholder was notified on May 13 of building works and is yet to r

My Freeholder was notified on May 13 of building works and is yet to respond. I am intrested in this article.
This is what it says on the website
“Our mission is to deliver an excellent customer experience to everyone who contacts us”. We have listened to our tenants and are committed to improving our service and standards:
We will seek to answer all telephone enquiries as efficiently as possible the first time you contact us. But it is far from what happens.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
1. Essentially, what you need to do here is to write a 10 day warning letter, giving the Freeholder ten days within which to give a response to the letter failing which you will apply to court to dispense with freeholder consent. In law, a freeholder is obliged to give a response to any request for Freeholder consent within a reasonable time. Absent a response within a reasonable time, a person is entitled to apply to court to remove the requirement for freeholder consent. Almost three months have passed since you sought freeholder consent. This is more than sufficient time to give a freeholder an opportunity to reply to your request for consent. So failing a response within ten days, you should apply to court to dispense with the freeholder's consent in the instant case.
Buachaill, Barrister
Experience: Barrister 17 years experience