29905560

I employed a Nanny two years ago. I was always under the

I employed a Nanny two years ago. I was always under the impression that wages were in the public domain due to previously advertising the position on line. I may have discussed her hourly rate with one or two people. I am worried I have breached the confidentiality code 1998. Could I be sued for disclosing the information?
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. I think you mean the Data Protection Act 1998, but even if you had disclosed her hourly rate she cannot sue you unless she has incurred losses as a result of that, which is highly unlikely. So even though you may have inadvertently disclosed information which you should not have, it is not a serious breach and not something you can be sued for. Also if the information was already in the public domain then that would make it even harder to take this anywhere. So do not worry about this, it is a minor issue.
I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you