75100385

Failure to comply with insurance requirements I got this notice and I need to appear on c

Failure to comply with insurance requirements
I got this notice and I need to appear on court.
the story is my car broke down and sold it on scrap for £50.00 but I kept receiving letters form dvla to sorn it and insured it, which I didn't do it as I do not own this vehicle any more and also the buyer told me to ignore it.
now I have to face at the court, what will happen, what I can do to not guilty plea or am I guilty plea,?
regards
Mani
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Did you give the V5 to the scrap dealer? Did you notify DVLA it was scrapped please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I gave v5 to the dealer and I did not notify to Dvla for scrap as the dealer did not scrap it he repaired and sold it to another customer..
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. There is a problem. You should have sent V5C to the DVLA. Do you have a receipt that you sold it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am very sorry to say I don't have receipt too..it was cash in hand as I just wanted to get rid of the vehicle
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. You should notify the DVLA now that it was sold, so avoid any future problems. You are not guilty of failure to SORN but you are guilty of not notifying the DVLA of a change of keeper. So you can plead not guilty to this, notify DVLA of the change to prevent them prosecuting you about the change.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes but I call DVLA and they said then can nothing do about it now it's up to the court. I just wanted to know what I could do to not plea guilty .
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Not guilty
But notify the DVLA of the change.
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.