75100385

In 2008 I lost a mobile phone in Brazil and reported it when

in 2008 I lost a mobile phone in Brazil and reported it when I got back to the UK to LG, never heard from the provider. In 2009 I went to Southern africa to Work since I could not find employment in the UK. A few months ago my daughter scanned a Letter from the Lovell Financial & B***** ***** Solicitors saying I owe them £561.10 in a letter addressed to my daughters next door neighbour which has been empty but a new tenant gave her these letters.
I enquired who these people were by email and gave them my southern African address.
Last week two letters were delivered to my daughter, on to her address dated 28th July 2015 saying that I need to pay what i owe.
The second letter was from the County Court Business Centre addressed to her neighbour. This letter was a Judgement for Claimant (in Default) letter from the above County Court.
What can I do about this.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
When did you come back to the UK and when is the Judgment dated?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just got back this week will be in the uk for two weeks then I go back to Southern africa if I cannot find a job.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok you need to apply asap using form n244 to set aside the Judgment:
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf
There is a Court fee of £155. The matter will be listed for hearing. You need to show that you have a defence and that you acted promptly. So you may need to provide evidence of WHEN you returned to the UK,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So if I fill in this form can the Court throw out the claim if I provide evidence, because it will be too costly for me to keep flying to the UK for a Court Case.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If you have a strong defence then yes,
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.