LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

I have items in my flat that I would like named people to get

Customer Question

I have items in my flat that I would like named people to get in my will also any money left over from my policy
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with over 20 years experience. I will try to answer your question.
I assume you already have a will. You can make gifts of specific items. If these gifts are not in the will then you will need to either make a new will or alter the existing one by making a codicil (an addition to an existing will).
This needs to be done with care and you should probably contact the solicitor who drafted the last will to help with this.