75100385

I used to be a director of a company until I recently resigned

I used to be a director of a company until I recently resigned leaving one director running it. I own all the shares on the company. During my time at the company we had an iPhone app built. Towards the end of my time at the company the app didn't work as planned and didn't get the traction so I left and ended my directorship.
The remaining director wishes to take legal action against the software company who built the app, he has approached a QC and is hassling me for a statement for them since I was privvie to the app being built and the conversations with the app company. So my questions are:
1. Do I have any obligation to provide this statement since I'm no longer a director?
And
2. I don't agree legal action will work against the software company as they weren't in the wrong in my eyes. Can I be dragged into it as a witness or am I clear?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
1) No, you dont have to give a statement. It is up to you - if you dont want to, then you do not have to.
2) You can't be dragged in as a witness. You do not have to give a statement or evidence.
This is a civil matter, not criminal so you cant be dragged into it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this, so even though I was a director at the time of the software company undertaking the work and I still own all the shares I don't have to do anything the current director asks?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No. You are a shareholder, thats it. Its an investment.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.