Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

HiMy name is ***** ***** I requested ill health

Customer Question

Hi My name is ***** ***** I requested ill health retirement but also have a Gravieace case With my employer . Can they cancel my request because I am also seeking compensation from my company for Vitismisation and un fear treatment. The has not completed yet but They have ask me what I would like as an outcome. Please can you advise me Thank you

Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. If you meet the criteria for ill health retirement you should not be rejected on the grounds that you have raised a grievance with the employer.
It is sensible that you have asked for retirement to be the outcome you would prefer, you can tell them that you would be prepared to accept a Settlement Agreement if they are prepared to offer you retirement, this would mean you cannot then go on to bring a claim against the employer. If you do this they may well agree to it.
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am very satisfy with the respond I received
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
thanks.