75100385

I have just been issued with a TOR on the road side from

Hi, I have just been issued with a TOR on the road side from a traffic officer, however i have not signed the TOR. Does this affect it at all, as in the SOP for giving out these report it says the driver should sign:-
3.6 The TOR contains appropriate terminology for the alleged offender to be reported by using the standard wording of a Notice of Intended Prosecution and cautioned. There is also additional space for any reply to be noted. The driver should be invited to sign the document prior to being provided with the duplicate copy of the form.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What is the offence please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
What was the offence, was it speeding?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, yes it was, speeding on the motorway.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
It's bad news I am afraid. Just because the notice was not signed does not invalidate it. It should be signed but if not, that does not void it.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought it would be. Thanks for getting back, is it now a case of waiting for something to come through the post within 14 days?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Correct.
Can I clarify anything else for you?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.