12826847

I had two vehicles insured with More than insurance, on the

Customer Question

I had two vehicles insured with More than insurance, on the 14/05/2015 I sold one vehicle an Audi A3, I informed morethan that I had sold this vehicle and to cancel that vehicles policy (which expired on 20/06/2015) however morethan cancelled the policy of my other vehicle a Land rover freelander which policy expired in December 2015.
I was unaware of this mishap and continued to drive the Land Rover until today uninsured?
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
having been left to drive my vehicle unlawfully do I have any redress against the insurance co. if I had an accident during this period I would face financing any claim
Ok.
So what is your question about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I make a claim against the insurance co
Not on this basis.
Clearly the cancellation was erroneous and that might we'll have been negligent. That does form the basis of a breach of contract point.
The difficulty here is that thankfully you suffered no loss. I realise they placed you at risk but the risk didn't materialise. You can only claim for actual losses on law. You cannot claim for risk. There is no price upon that.
You can complain emphatically which may achieve something. Often it does achieve more than going to court. You can also complain to the ombudsman.
If you go to court thiugh then this could well be struck down as vexatious.
Sorry but I can only give you truthful information.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks you have been very helpful your answer is what I had already conceived you just clarified it for me
No problem.
All the best.
Just to affirm again, it is worth complaining. Just because they were lucky that there was no unlucky outcome doesn't mean you won't get something if you complain.