Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I need to find out what date I was discharged from bankrup

I need to find out what date I was discharged from bankruptcy
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
https://www.gov.uk/search-bankruptcy-insolvency-register If you search the personal insolvency register here, it will tell you the date of automatic discharge.
The search is easier if you know the court within which the order was made.
I look forward to hearing from you.
AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name isn't on the list of any of the courts in England or Wales?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you. Did you have a trustee in bankruptcy or did they appoint the official receiver to administer your estate?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it was the official receiver? I was declared bankrupt in 2007 so it was a long time ago. I think it was dealt with in the Newport court in South Wales?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
https://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov.uk/rebrandedorsearch/ - The Official Receiver/Insolvency Service has an office for South Wales. The only other way to find out is contact the Insolvency Service and ask them to confirm the exact date.Do you have a copy of the Bankruptcy Order?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I had 1 copy of it but a credit card company kept calling me up demanding payment and wouldn't believe I had been declared bankrupt, so I sent them the copy off and told them it had to be returned to me but they never did!
I'll try and get in touch with the insolvency service.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you. Tell the credit card company that they need to contact the Official Receiver as the debt relates to your previous estate in bankruptcy. Say that it is a criminal offence to harass someone for money they do not owe under S.40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 and you hope they will now immediately stop harassing you.Kind regardsAJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was back in 2007, after I sent the bankruptcy order off they stopped harassing me.
I've emailed the insolvency service now, so hopefully they can help. It's just strange how there's no record of it!
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you. It has been more than 6 years, so really it should not have any further impact on your credit status.