12826847

I have been storing some clothing and papers I

Customer Question

I have been storing some clothing and papers for someone I met on the internet. he left my home and has not returned for over a month in this time I have asked him to collect his things and to date its threats and arguments. the police advise me to give two weeks notice which I have done but he has not turned up. please where do I stand legally cause he is threatening me with legal action and theft. I am disabled ans also parcially sighted plese can you help
What is the theft?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

he is saying he has jewellery in his bags I have not been in his bag but he is lying

Ok.
But you are offering to allow him to collect?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've done so for the last 5weeks

Well, there are a variety of issues.
Firstly he cannot say what is or is not there at this stage as he hasn't collected.
Secondly, you are offering to let him collect.
Of course, he could lie and say there were items there when there were not. People do lie to the police sometimes. If he does then it will be investigated and you will have to defend it. Whether it would be charged or not is another matter. They are charging more than they should arising from domestics.
He could sue in the small claims court as well but then will need to produce some evidence of the value of these items and anyway there will be a cost in doing that which he won't want to bear.