31090051

My friend has just passed away and I have found out that he

my friend has just passed away and I have found out that he has left me everything in his will he has approx.13000.00 in his bank account and has some outstanding bills to be paid out I am also aware that his parents house is part of a trust for his parents and his sister and him also a trust of about 50000.00 for him does this amount to part of his will and would it transfer to me
thanks
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
On,y anything owned by him outright would pass to you in his will, less the debts of course.
Anything in trust would remain in the trust and the trust would govern what happens to it after his death.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does that mean I would not be able to replace him on the trust or depends what the trust says
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
The trust is self governing, yes, and it depends what is says happens to the trust fund and property on his death.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
his sister is a excectitor and is part of the trust he was led to believe it would pass to me is there a way to find out with out causing a row ?
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Not really, you have to ask about the trust. It isn't publicly registered so the only way you'll find out about what you're entitled to is by speaking to the sister executor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thank u