75100385

Recent got married , wedding ceremony i and my Mrs

recent got married , for the wedding ceremony i and my Mrs hired a hall for the occasion.
the hall cost £3000 plus £1000 deposit which is to be refunded days after the wedding .
on the contract it stated expected guested 300 which that was the number of people invited, on the day of the which was 1st of august 2015 more people might have turned up than expected but the occasion was fantastic and everything went smoothly.
there was a manager on site over-seeing the hall on the day the clock out time was 1am and we did make sure all our guest was out by 1am. i walked the supervisor around the place and he was happy with the the condition/state we are handling the hall back to him.
the following day i called the hall to arrange how my £1000 deposit will be refunded to me, the gentlemen i spoke to said my money wont be refunded base on this reason " my guest was more than 300"
i will like to know the necessary steps on how to go about collecting back my deposit.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.