75100385

I am a landlord with 1 small property. The letting agent (Prestige

I am a landlord with 1 small property. The letting agent (Prestige Lettings and Management) I use got me to sign and extension contract for 12 months and charged £360 inc vat in early June this year. They then failed to pay me the July rent until I went to their office and insisted on payment on or around 27th July
On 30th June 2015 I received a letter stating that they were changing their name. I made investigations and discovered they have actually set up a whole new company (eHomesLtd). I have been fighting to get back other money they owed me and that has now been paid.
But they insist that I now have a Fully managed service contract with them under their new name. I have asked to see the copy of the contract I signed but they have not provided it.
I have told them I do not have a contract with them under their new name and do not wish to have a contract with them under any name. But the now insist that they are Prestige trading as eHomes Ltd.
I don't know what to do next. I have told my tenant to pay me the rent directly, which she has. But I am afraid eHomes Ltd will be sending me bills for a fully managed service.
Where do I go from here?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
You can ask for a copy of the contract under the Data Protection Act. They must provide it. If you do not then you can assume they do not have it and refuse to pay any further bills to EHomes ltd.
They must send you a copy under the data protection act within 40 days. No contract, no payment due to them.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.