12826847

Traffic Lights. Top of Finchley Rd where it has5 sets of lights.

Customer Question

Traffic Lights. Top of Finchley Rd where it has5 sets of lights. I was stopped in right hand lane to turn into Wood Lane. Lights changed except mine but I missed read them and but moved but stopped 5yds later when I realised my error and waited for them to change I then moved off into Wood Lane. Paul Luke
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What Legal action can I expect,I think there is only a bus lane camera at the lights
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It depends if it is council or police.
If it is a council fine then they will just send out a fixed penalty fine. It wil not carry points.
If it is a police issue fine then it will be 3 points and a fine of £100 or the red light awareness course.
That is, of course, supposing that anything happens at all as it often does not.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How does one define Council or n Police camera . This was narrow and grey and focused down Bus Lane What is Red light awareness course?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long does one wait 7or 14 days ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
There isn't a way of telling from the device itself.
Generally speaking the police are more likely to use fixed cameras whereas the council rely on CCTV but not always.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks that is very helpful.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Red light course I assume is rather like Speeding course ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, except it covers awareness of red lights.
No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/