12826847

I HAVE GIVEN MY DRIVING LICENCE NUMBER TO A FINANCE COMPANY.

I HAVE GIVEN MY DRIVING LICENCE NUMBER TO A FINANCE COMPANY. THIS WAS GIVEN OVER THE PHONE FOR A LOAN I WAS ASKED TO MAKE TO A COMPANY, AND THIS LOAN WAS FOR WORKING CAPITAL. HOWEVER WHEN I RECEIVED THE PAPER WORK, AND CHECKED OUT THE COMPANY, I WAS NOT HAPPY AND DECIDED NOT TO GO AHEAD. tHEY TRIED TO BAGER ME AND TREATENED ME WITH LEGAL ACTION. BUT I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM THEM FOR SEVERAL DAYS. MY QUESTION IS, CAN THEY USE MY DRIVING LICENCE NUMBER TO USE FRAUDULANTLY. THEY ALSO HAVE MY ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER.
THANKS IN ADVANCE
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
They shouldn't take any fraudulent action. Whether they will or not is another matter. A driving licence number can be used in a fraudulent way. There isn't really any reason to presume that they would though.
It is possible that they could. Frauds are perpetrated with identity documents of that nature on occasions but there isn't really any reason to think that they are going to on this occasion.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jo,

Would you suggest that I inform the DVLA, who might wish me to be safe and change the driving licence. Which will then have a different number?

Chris

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I do think it would be a good idea to set your concerns down in a complaint.
The DVLA probably won't take that action but at least you will have complained and then if you need to you can refer to the record.