12826847

Not sure who to turn to about this but after

Customer Question

Not sure who to turn to for advice about this but after a series of bad decisions I have made over this past year I am confident that I am probably going to be (if not already) subject of a investigation for fraud. Im not sure what I should do, having done as much research online as I can do, there seems to be little advice on me reporting the offences prior to being knowingly investigated, questioned or even charged.
I am 3 months in arrears on my mortgage which was taken out by myself last September (of 2014) . The mortgage application included falsified information, details and documents.
Up until a few months ago the repayments were being maintained and the account was up to date.
I am aware that the mortgage lender did discover that the application was fraudulent as earlier this year I made a number of Subject Access Requests to companies including including National Hunter and CIFAS and found that they had reported this shortly after the mortgage completed and the advance had been paid.
The mortgage lender has never approached or questioned me about this and I wouldn't have been aware of this report had I not made the SAR requests.
Also around summer time of last year I applied and successfully took out a number of credit cards and loans in both my own name and a relatives name. They are in fact aware of that some credit cards were applied for and taken out in their name due to the fact that some of the credit card providers were suspicious and made contact with them.
Most of these have now been suspended with the allowance to continue making monthly minimum re-payments against the balances.
There are also a few unsecured personal loans that were taken out this last year, which again until a few months ago re-payments were being maintained and up to date.
In recent months the situation has become extremely difficult and have found myself needing to take out the new loans in order to make the repayments on the different lines of credit. I am now unable to continue down this path and believe I need to come forward about this situation.
I need advise on how I would need to go about doing this. I doesn't seem like it is a matter for me going into a police station but there seems to be no advice on how to come forward regarding these kind of offences for the people that commit them. Especially prior to becoming aware that they are being investigated and have no option but to consider admitting their actions.
Is that recommended or is there any way to deal with this sooner? I am also unsure about what area of Law this would be categorised in. Obviously it is financial crime/ money laundering / fraud but from what I have read is that it may also fall under a more serious category with the amount of money being relatively large.
Any advise would be very much appreciated.
Thank You
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank you for your reply. I am looking for advise on what I can and should do based on my current situation.Many Thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I understand.
What is your specific question about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The whole situation is very overwhelming for me and although I have tried to find advice through research online I really can't seem to find any helpful information.
What started out around a year ago with just a mortgage application has spiralled into other issues including false information and details on the mortgage application itself and a staggered series of credit card and loan application in order to maintain payment to all the other credit providers on a monthly basis.
As i explained in my initial question (which is more detailed) I am quite confident that I am most likely already been investigated or if not then in the very near future. A couple of months ago some of the various credit card providers cards were taken out with in both my name and a relatives name were clearly suspicious as they contacted my relative regarding this, who was not aware of the situation. The use of the cards were suspended but are allowing for the repayments to be made monthly till the balance is cleared.
I am now late with the last couple of months payments and am unable to take out any other forms of credit to enable me to repay them. The card providers have not yet contacted my relative or myself about this (which seems strange).I also have taken out a series of unsecured/personal loans which similarly are now in arrears by a couple of months.My mortgage account is 3 months in arrears. I made some Subject Access Requests not earlier this year o both CIFAS and National Hunter and can see from that information that my mortgage lender is aware that false details and documents and references were included in my loan application, however they filed this information after completion of the mortgage. They have never approached me with this information and had I have not requested information from CIFAS and National Hunter I would be none the wiser.
Needless to say they are multiple entries regarding a variety of different credit application I have made over the past year, some which were successful and some which were not.As I am now drowning in the arrears on kA these accounts I have been unsuccessful i all application for credit cards/loans which I have applied for more recently. Even up until recently many application have been approved in principle but offers are then retracted later in the process which undoubtedly due to the flags raised during security and fraud checks.
Im quite sure since I have had to provide false information in all these application swell that most will have filed there own report to CIFAS or National Hunter.I have not been made aware or been questioned in relation to any investigation and am consequently struggling to find advise on what my best options would be at this stage. I expect many people who are in a similar situation only consider admitting their actions once they are aware they are being investigated, questioned or even charged with the offences.
Is it advisable and how would I go about dealing with all this before it gets to this stage? As I mentioned in my original question It doesn't seem to be appropriate to just go into a local police station. I don't feel it would be a good option for me to just wait until I am 'caught' so to speak.
What do you advise and make of the whole situation?Thank You
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What I need to know is what is your specific question or questions? Asking questions like 'what is your advise' could be answered by saying 'plead guilty' or 'not guilty' but that probably isn't what you want to know.