29905560

This is with regard with my new dbs entry of domistic violence

This is with regard with my new dbs entry of domistic violence and assault filed against me by my wife to magistrate court.The outcome is 12 months of conditional discharged of not doing it again to my wife otherwise if it is happened again , the court will impose re-sentenced towards me.My question is- Am I allowed to work in a vulnerable settings like a care home or hospital doing care?
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.
The fact that you have this on your record would not automatically prevent you from working in the industry or with vulnerable people. There are plenty of people with criminal records for all sorts of offences which work there. It is down to the individual employer to decide whether this is something which they would view as an issue which would mean they do not want to employ you. Some employers may not give it a second glance because it is a domestic matter and obviously has no impact on your ability to perform your job, others may prefer not to have someone with a criminal record working for them and they can be picky in that respect. So unless you apply for a specific job and let the employer decide on whether they wish to employ you based on your experience, qualifications and your personal circumstances including this entry on your record, you would not know. Therefore do not be put off from applying for jobs in that area just because you have this entry against your name – you may still get employed if an employer decides not to take this into account when deciding on your suitability for a role.
I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you