13262538

A friend of mine lost he naming rights to his child to me after

Customer Question

A friend of mine lost he naming rights to his child to me after he lost a bet. What type of legal paperwork would I need him to sign for this to be legally binding?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** *****
Could you explain exactly what you mean by "naming rights"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Per the terms of the agreement, he is willing to sign to say that I have the sole power over the full name of his first born child, so what we need is some kind of document to that effect.
Will.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Since no agreement that is drawn up will be enforceable by the courts all you need is a simple document signed by you both in the presence of a Witness stating that the father is willing for you to name his first child - if indeed he is ever in a position to chose a name for his first child.
If he believes that it is binding then fair enough - but you need to be aware that it is not
Please ask if you need further details