75100385

A person owns a small plot of land in our lane. He has just

A person owns a small plot of land in our lane. He has just erected a huge barbed wire fence around land belonging to a non resident claiming it is his by neglect.he has damaged trees on this land and now put donkeys in the enclosure.This land is surrounded by forestry Commision land and is woodland.
The owner wants the fencing removed but community police say it is an offence to damage the perpetrators property ie fencing..
Where does the owner stand? Her solicitor has spoken to the perpetrator and showed him land registry confirmation of the owner.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you,
It would ONLY be an offence if it was unlawful to cut it down. Someone owns the land and therefore they can cut it down. They have a lawful reason to cut it down and indeed a reasonable excuse.
If the Police do get involved there will not be any evidence, the person cutting owns the land which is trapped!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.