75100385

I was driving my brother's car at 0134 on 16 May. The original

I was driving my brother's car at 0134 on 16 May. The original NIP sent to him was dated 28 May, and arrived on 1 June, not within 0134 on 30 May.
My brother posted the form first class on 19 June, identifying me as the driver. This would have arrived at latest 22 June.
I have now received an NIP dated 17 July for the offence on 16 May, almost a month after they were given the identity of the driver.
My recorded speed was 57mph in a 50mph limit on the roadworks section of the M4 at 0134 in the morning, when it was empty. The camera was ACD.
Should the NIP have arrived before 5 July, and should the ticket therefore be cancelled?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
No. The 14 days is for the original NIP only.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But does the lateness of the original NIP, which arrived 17 days after the offence cancel the ticket?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
It's date of issue which matters. If it was issued outside the 14 days it is invalid. So you need to see date of issue, not date of receipt.
Does that help?