12826847

After calling our insurance co Admiral just to temporally

Customer Question

Hi, after calling our insurance co Admiral just to temporally add my daughter for 4 days to my car. I was asked numerous questions one was about have I been on a traffic awareness course. I said I had not been on one, but is that for a speeding ticket, she said yes. I was told my daughter was to young, engine to big and that she couldn't be added.
4 days later I get a call from Admiral saying the information I had given had not been disclosed before (my husband insured 4 cars multi car) I have had this for 22 months and they will back date me £1521-. I'm so shocked I am a policy holder and a named driver on my 3 childrens cars. I'm 51yrs old been driving for 34yrs and did have a clean licence I thought having been given 3 points and a fine was my punishment.
The guy who called back said I would not have been insured.
I'm wondering if that be so and if I have paid insurance for 22 months on all cars should I not receive a refund and pay the right sum of money going forward?
I received the ticket when I had driven my son to heathrow airport Junction 15/16
returning home Junction 3 I got a call to say my son had one of our other car keys ( he at that time worked aboard so needed the key at home)so I returned to heathrow to get the key. On my way back again there was the average speed cameras this is now passed 10pm no one working, all dark, driving 67miles per hour as on the M25 they consistently change speed limits and putting them back to normal again, in my experience. I did not think I was doing wrong, being the time of night, barely any traffic.
How do I stand with the money admiral is asking for, they said even if I only stay on my car I will have to pay £745.71 if I'm taken off all cars I still would have to pay £684.46.
I have spoken to another member of Admiral who said I would have been insured if I had had an accident I do not feel happy with a say so. Thank god I have not had an accident.
I'm unsure now what to do?
PLEASE HELP !!!
Many Thanks *****
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
in my email I have asked how do I stand with the money Admiral are asking for ?
Is there any reason you think this can be challenged?
Or is it the amount?
You seem to accept the non disclosure?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry Jo what is the non disclosure.
I was thinking that If they can put a price on me owing them money for not being insured. Then they could tell me how much I have already paid which should be refunded to me. Starting a fresh they would now insure me with this information and give me a premium going forward. Would that not be right
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jo are you going to respond to my last question please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jo are you still there ?
The reason you are experiencing delay is that you keep posting before I have responded which pushes the question the back of my list.
They are saying that you didn't tell them about various road traffic incidents. If that is correct that is a relevant non disclosure as it would have affected the price.
They are perfectly entitled to void the insurance and refuse any refund at all.
They are offering you the option of paying the difference between the price that you would have been charged and the price that you did pay.
On the face of it, there is no challenge to that. I suppose you could ask them to reduce the amount slightly but it is really grasping at straws.
I'm very sorry but that is your position.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there are not various road traffic incidents there was just one SP50, as I have said I did not know this was something I should have disclosed or was ever asked about before.That maybe so that the insurance could be void, So how can they ask me for money when I then would not be insured
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jo,
After waiting for an answer for over 24 minutes I can only come to a conclusion you are not going to respond
good bye
Ok.
Good luck.