75100385

The employer of my wife asks her many times to buy certain

The employer of my wife asks her many times to buy certain things for them, for office use. They now wired here 100 pounds for expenses, it comes up designated as float on our bank account. Is that a normal / legal way of doing it? You just transfer some
money. I would have thought, that should be integrated on the paystub, maybe. What kind of receipt would she need from them then. I think all they will give her is a excel spreadsheet, where it says, what she bought for them, and on the other side, what they
transferred. Is that a common way to do it!?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Are you concerned about anything in particular?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If she needs to prove, that those 100 pounds are not income but just expenses, wouldn't she need some kind of real receipt? Shouldn't we make copies of all the expense receipts for her, or something!?My question is, in the end, isn't there a better way for them to do it, without having to transfer money onto my wifes account. It just seems to me, like its the easiest way for them, but causes a lot more overhead for us.Also, the only account she has for this is a joint account with me. So my name is ***** ***** to this account, and I am self employed, so I might have to explain those transactions myself one day.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
In effect this is petty cash. It's not ideal way of doing it but it is legal. She should keep a copy of those receipts or a letter from the employer to say that is what they are doing.
But it's not counted as income. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi, ok so 2 options:
1. she needs copies of the receipts of all the expenses!
2. a letter of the employer, like one letter per year!? or per paystub!? or one for all time would be enough!?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
One time is enough!
Does that help?
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience